There’s durable, and there’s all-steel construction, or at least, kitchen appliances that have been manufactured with metal gearboxes instead of plastic.
If you are a heavy mixer user and would like something that would last a few years more than a conventional mixer, we recommend investing in a KitchenAid mixer with metal gears instead of plastic.
Standing mixers with metal gears are also often the ones that have all-steel or nickel body constructions. They are larger and heavier than more compact models or brands, but listen up – they have other benefits, too.
- Long-lasting. Household appliances have to endure the turmoil of a busy household. Stainless appliances won’t make scratches or flakes readily during unintentional collisions, and they will resist stains and corrosion despite regular, super heavy use. In addition, sturdier materials keep your kitchen equipment looking brand new for years.
- They’re easier to clean. Cleansing is a snap-on steel surface. You can easily wipe up a spillage or clean, dull surfaces using just a fresh rag. Use light, soapy water to maintain your gadgets gleaming and tidy. Special cleaners and polishes for steel material can remove persistent messes and help the surfaces repel grime or fingerprints smudges in a snap.
- They’re more resistant to germs. Chromium, steel, and other premium metal surfaces are naturally non-porous. This quality makes them resist lingering bacteria and other germs better than plastic or wooden surfaces. Plastic surfaces are awful when repelling bacteria because they retain organic material in microscopic craps, perfect for breeding germs. As a result, all-steel appliances are much more suitable for families with children and pets. Be sure to regularly use a disinfectant cleaner to sanitize them before and after use immediately.
- They can easily match home decors. The neutral aesthetic of most metal surfaces practically suits many homes. Stainless steel appliances will mix with any kitchen, whether it has antique wooden cabinetry or expensive white marble counters. Because steel, nickel, and chrome surfaces are becoming ever more popular, it has also become easier to harmonize multiple appliances at once, from toaster to mixers to food processors.
The KitchenAid brand is synonymous with high-quality stand mixers.
The gearbox narrative is a highly telling story in the development of this appliance. This series was being ripped to shreds ten years ago in reviews online from unhappy buyers.
Under muscular workloads, the plastic gears and cover would continuously break, effectively rendering costly, professional-grade equipment useless. It’s different now.
- A commercial-grade 575-watt motor powers this high-quality machine. It’s one of the industry’s biggest and most powerful home mixers, with enough force to work through dense and heavy combinations at all ten speeds. And yes, it now features an all-gear assemble.
- The housing unit, base, and internal gear system are now proudly composed of sturdy metal to withstand all that energy needed for consistent performance and durability — this model was finally designed and rebuilt to work hard and work a lot for bakers and home cooks everywhere.
- When the model is tasked with heavy and large batches of stiff mixtures, or when it needs to knead the dough continually, the model’s bowl-lift mechanism provides the much-needed stability by keeping the main vessel securely in place. If you make a lot of bread, this is a nice feature to have.
Now that it has internal construction worthy of passionate bakers, this stand mixer would be an excellent investment if you want a middle-of-the-road mixer with metal gears.
Unlike other large or heavy capacity mixers, the KitchenAid Pro Line can handle a wide range of tasks, from beating just two egg whites to professionally handling enormous batches of dough.
- The 7-quart mixing bowl is more than enough to hold sixteen cups of flour, which roughly translates to eight pounds of freshly kneaded dough. So if you want a bowl that is precisely the right size for fourteen cookies, you’ve found your mixer. Do you come from a family of four? Perfect.
- This stand mixer can help you bake multiple batches of pastries or bread at once, which you can then freeze or give away to friends and family.
- This mixer was designed with a bowl lift mechanism instead of the more conventional tilting head. This means you can safely remove and reinsert different attachments, the attachments and bowl simply moving the bowl up and down with a handle.
- This KitchenAid fits the bill if you’re looking for a durable, new stand mixer to sit on your counter. It’s available in some colors and has a stylish appearance.
The main difference here is the large-capacity mixing bowl. If you need more space for creating more dough, opt for the seven-quart KitchenAid model.
As the years progress, KitchenAid continues to wow the market with more extensive and heavier-duty models fit for professional kitchens. While not anyone can readily spend over $1,000 on professional-grade mixers that you can barely lift, KitchenAid makes sure that you can access stand mixers that can swing heavy loads just as readily as more giant stand mixers. The KSM8990NP is one such model that has earned its place as among the best stand mixers with all-metal gears.
- This stand mixer delivers superior mixing performance with 1.5 HP at 500 watts. The DC motor is suitable for kneading large batches of dough and lighter ingredients.
- Users have the advantage of working with a ten-speed assemblage, from slowest to fastest. Depending on what you’re working on at the moment, you can choose to go slow or fast, as too much speed at the wrong time can introduce excessive heat that can ruin specific recipes.
- Features an even larger bowl for recipes that need more dough. Avoid doing double work and make more dough all at once. Forget about doubling your time in the kitchen, too. You can also make the dough ahead of time and save time on your next baking session. Because why not?
This is an incredibly more giant and high-capacity stand mixer that passionate home bakers might need to make more of what they love.
The main picture is from Amazon – KitchenAid Store.