Are you looking for the best cooking torch? A butane torch is essential if you want to cook desserts and other dishes with ease. It’s one of the easiest ways to obtain the caramelized or browned, crispy look that we all love on pies and other dishes. Jo Chef’s Kitchen Torch with Butane is one of the most popular models available.
- Has a stable safety lock. The torch is also easy to use.
- It can be used for various tasks, from cooking to sterilizing garden tools to prevent the transfer of pathogens.
- Users recommend triple refined gas for this torch for a better burn.
- Very handy for browning food and is largely more efficient than stove-top methods of browning.
- A professional blow torch. This means the manufacturer expects the handlers to know what they are doing.
- Comes with clear instructions on use.
- Less pricey than variants from other brands (according to Canadian customers)
- International customers are also exceedingly happy as the torch works well right out of the box.
- Very powerful flame overall, so be careful when using it if you don’t know how big the flames can get.
- Does not come with a free canister of butane.
- Be sure not to fill up to the max fill line as the expansion will cause the butane to seep during expansion.
- Thoroughly a niche brand so you have to buy from Amazon, it may not be available anywhere else.
- The size of the flame was hard to control, so it may be less safe compared to other torches unless you have advanced experience with it.
- Has a learning curve when it comes to using it properly. Be sure to read the manual thoroughly before using it.