Aside from work, it’s your home where you’ll spend most of your time. Therefore, it’s essential to make it as aesthetically pleasing as possible. Now is the time to visually inspect your home inside and out.
So, how did the inspection go? Does your home look gloomy and boring inside? Does it look unappealing outside? If these questions make you nod, then your home needs an emergency revamp.
However, improving your home’s aesthetic appeal can be difficult, especially for beginners. You might want to consider hiring professional builders such as Hardie Boys and others instead of doing all the tasks alone.
But if you’re up to the challenge, below are some ways that can help you boost your home’s aesthetic appeal:
1. Update Your Doors
Doors are one of the things that can be easily noticed and seen from afar. If you want to make your home look more appealing in front of your neighbors, you should consider upgrading your doors. Here are some tips to help you:
- Apply A Fresh Coat Of Paint: Sometimes, all you need is to give your doors a new coat of paint to improve their appearance and make them look new. You can choose a new color or stick to the old one.
- Change The Hardware: Get rid of those old doorknobs and replace them with stylish and modern ones. For dark doors, an antique brass knob might be a better option. You can also switch to keyless technology such as smart locks to bolster your home security.
- Add Wallpaper: If your interior doors look boring, you may consider covering them with wallpaper. But make sure that the wallpaper you choose fits your walls and the overall personality of your home.
- Change Your Doors: If your doors have considerable damage, you might have to replace them, especially if they’re old enough. Replacing your doors with new ones will give your home a great boost.
Refurbishing or replacing your doors can significantly increase the aesthetics of your home. If you need help replacing your doors, you may visit hardieboysinc.com or other similar sites.
2. Add Mirrors
Mirrors can magically improve the aesthetics of your home. They can make any room look bigger and brighter. However, you can only achieve these benefits if you know how to use them wisely.
Here are some tips for creating mirror magic:
- Go Bigger: When it comes to mirrors, the bigger, the better, as long as its frame is fairly small and simple. Otherwise, its size is useless.
- Choose The Right Height: The right placement is usually 60 inches from the center of the mirror to the ground. This is roughly the eye level of an average person.
- Place A Mirror Outside: Placing a mirror on your patio or balcony can make your outdoors look larger. Make sure to choose a rustic one to complement the surrounding.
- Turn A Wall Into A Mirror: You can convert a whole wall into a mirror to create the famous tunnel effect.
Make sure to keep your mirrors fully secure to prevent unwanted accidents.
3. Transform Your Kitchen
The kitchen is the heart of everyone’s home. It’s where the whole family eats together, laughs together, and plays together. So, you want to make sure that it looks great and cozy at any angle.
Here are some tips when remodeling your kitchen:
- Install An Island: An island is one of the most sought-after parts of the kitchen. It makes the kitchen appear bigger and contributes a lot of storage space.
- Invest In Small Appliances: Small appliances can make your kitchen more functional. These include food processors, stand mixers, oven toasters, blenders, and microwaves.
- Add Windows: Windows can make your kitchen look more spacious and cozier. Also, they can help you save energy during the day.
- Make Your Kitchen Accessible: A perfect kitchen is where everyone is welcomed. Lower your countertops so anyone can reach what’s on top.
- Break Up Cabinet Blocks: Make your kitchen more open and spacious-looking by breaking down cabinet blocks. This will add interesting details to your kitchen.
Refurbishing your kitchen doesn’t have to be costly. For example, why don’t you consider painting your cabinets to give them a new look instead of replacing them? Or you may add paintings, picture frames, or plants to make the heart of your home cozier and more pleasing.
4. Update Your Flooring
You might have newly-painted walls or luxurious furniture, but are you satisfied with how your home looks? If not, this is the right time to take a look at your flooring. Chipped, swollen, and squeaky flooring can ruin your home’s ambiance and must be replaced immediately.
Here are some flooring options to choose from:
- Laminates: These are multi-layer synthetic flooring consisting of a particleboard base, an image layer, and a wear base. They’re as pleasing as hardwood but without the cost.
- Hardwood: Wooden flooring not just provides a classic, timeless aura. It’s also eco-friendly and comes in different styles and patterns.
- Vinyl: Vinyl flooring can be as durable and aesthetic as hardwood but without an expensive price tag. It’s also easy to maintain.
- Ceramic: Ceramic tiles are an affordable flooring material, perfect for do-it-yourself (DIY) home projects.
DIY flooring can be fun and exciting, but hiring a professional flooring expert is highly recommended, especially for first-timers.
5. Bring In Some Plants
Indoor plants are one of the best ways to improve the atmosphere of your home. Depending on your skills, you can choose between high to low-maintenance plants.
Here are some indoor plants worth bringing inside your home:
- Snake plant
- Jade plant
- African violets
- Money tree
Also, make sure to learn the growth requirements. Do they need more sunlight? Do they need more water? Can they survive in colder temperatures? This information will help you grow your plants beautifully.
There’s no perfect solution to boost your home’s aesthetic appeal because every home is unique. You need to find the right style that fits your home perfectly. You can use this guide to help you sort things out until you determine what’s best for your home. Happy decorating!