In addition to skin rashes, swelling, and dizziness, additional symptoms that allergies may bring on include an increase in mucus production, which may, in turn, lead to congestion or breathing difficulties. If you suffer from dragon fruit allergies, there is a reasonable probability that you will see an increase in mucus production.
Phlegm is a type of mucus generated in the body’s lungs or lower airways. It is a barrier against infectious agents and outside impurities such as pollution. However, excessive amounts of phlegm can cause irritation and discomfort in the throat.
Mucus serves the body by entrapping pathogens and other potentially harmful substances. A variety of body parts, including the digestive tract, the throat, the nose, the sinuses, and the mouth, can produce mucus.
Phlegm is not always a terrible thing. It is necessary for shielding and bolstering your respiratory system’s functioning by capturing allergens, dust, and viruses. It is only when there is an excessive amount of phlegm or when it is very thick that it poses an issue.
To maintain good health, your body needs a certain amount of mucus. A mucus is a viscous, slimy fluid secreted by glands and cells in your body. It is also known as phlegm. It is vital for your immune system because it captures bacteria, dirt, and other particles that shouldn’t be present in your airway—thus preventing infection.
Is Dragon Fruit Good For Phlegm?
You may reduce the amount of mucus your body produces by doing a few different things. However, avoiding items that can produce mucus is essential as a first step. For example, if you have an allergy to dragon fruit, it is recommended that you stay away from this fruit.
Consuming a large amount of water can assist in thinning the mucus, making it simpler to cough up and eliminate. In addition, using saline nasal sprays can assist in clearing the nasal passages and minimize the production of mucus. Inhaling steam can also loosen up mucus, making it easier to cough up and clear out of the body.
Consuming fruits high in vitamin C is another strategy for lowering mucus formation that can be utilized. But again, you’re lucky because dragon fruit is a good source of vitamin C for people like you.
Because it is also high in fiber, dragon fruit can also benefit you. Consuming foods high in fiber, like dragon fruits, may assist in maintaining appropriate levels of phlegm in the body.
If you don’t get an adequate amount of fiber in your diet, your intestinal mucus may decrease, which increases your risk of developing digestive problems and other illnesses. Alternatively, there is a need for additional studies to establish a link between fiber consumption and the reduction of phlegmy cough with respiratory symptoms in particular.
Can I Eat Dragon Fruit When Coughing?
Consuming dragon fruit while coughing might result in the unpleasant and frightening sensation of having food lodged in the throat. However, if you or someone you love can learn the warning signs of choking and take immediate action, you may be able to save that person’s life.
Eating dragon fruit, or any other fruit that may become lodged in your esophagus, may cause a burning or choking sensation in your throat or chest. Food can enter the airways when the epiglottis does not entirely seal the following swallowing. Choking is a possible outcome.
Coughing, incredibly violent or persistent coughing, may help dislodge the meal. As well, choking can come from physical obstruction of the airway or the larynx. To choke is shortness of breath due to a temporary blockage of the airways. Someone who is choking cannot cough because they cannot get enough air in or out.
Dysphagia is the medical word for difficulty swallowing, which some people experience. Individuals with dysphagia may be at a higher risk of choking. Dysphagia can be brought on by problems with the swallowing muscles or the nerves that control swallowing, both of which can be brought on by other conditions.
What Is Dragon Fruit Side Effects?
- Changes in pee color: Drinking enough red dragon fruit may cause your urine to take on a pink or red color. This symptom gives the impression that the condition is much more severe than it is. When the dragon fruit is no longer present in your system, you should notice that the color of your urine returns to normal.
- Allergic reaction: Consuming dragon fruit when you are allergic to it is not a good idea because it may induce allergic reactions such as puffy tongue and lips, itchy throat, a burning sensation in the throat, and other symptoms. This is because some people are sensitive to dragon fruit and should stay as far away from it as possible.
- Induce hypotension: Although eating dragon fruit can be beneficial for treating high blood pressure, including hypertension, consuming an excessive amount of the fruit can increase potassium levels in the body, which can cause hypotension.
- Induce stroke and cancer: Consuming an excessive amount of dragon fruit can lead to an excess of antioxidants such as beta-carotene, which has been linked to an inflated risk of developing lung cancer. In addition, consuming more vitamin E is associated with an increased risk of hemorrhagic stroke.
What Happens When You Overeat Dragon Fruit?
- Digestive issues: Even though the dietary fibers in dragon fruit are beneficial to our digestive health in many ways, it is still prudent to eat this fruit in moderation. Studies have shown that consuming too much fiber can be harmful, leading to symptoms like bloating, gas, and constipation.
- Radical diseases: While the antioxidants in dragon fruits undoubtedly provide health benefits, studies have shown that consuming excessive amounts of antioxidants over an extended period might have detrimental effects on health. Lung cancer was more common in people who took large amounts of the antioxidant over a longer time than those who avoided it.
You must log in to post a comment.